The ZOO! We went to the zoo today utilizing for the first time Abuelita's birthday gift to Emma. And, may I say, we had FUN! It was 4 mommies and 7 kiddos, and no one got lost, no one lost a limb, only one crazy meltdown - YEP, EMZILLA struck as we were nearing the end of our visit - but all in all, a great morning spent in about 88˚ heat - hot but not scorching.
My favorite pic (and I promised pics) is the following. It is pure genious really. I call it "BUMS." Please click on the pic to blow it up to get a true perspective.
SERIOUSLY, that's funny, right? I get a shot of all the kids backsides, then later realize that the silly gorilla is giving me the same perspective! HAHAHA! (If you don't find my photo funny, kindly remove my blog from your internet perusals...)
After the zoo, I took my children on another cultural visit: the carwash. Yes, the carwash. I have had my current compact for 18 months and I believe I have washed it - including today - 5 times now! WHAAAAT? You disdainfully inquire? That's how I roll, people. I got me a silver car for a reason. I am a water miser and washing cars in Southern CA where there is no weather other than sun and no winter salt to rust the body is a waste of our Earth's most precious resource! I went to a do it yourself place - $5 to get a good upper body workout! And to make Emma and Ben giggle like crazy as I shot water and soap at them from the hose. They loved it! ...as a matter of fact - I may now have to weigh this financial equation... $5 to wash the car and make the kids laugh = $5 for 2 rides on the merry go round at the mall... Hmmmmm, which brought greater joy?
No comments:
Post a Comment