Is it Friday yet?
Wait, I am a stay at home mom, the workload is 24/7!
Poor Emma's night terrors are back. At one point last night she was so freaked out screaming that I didn't even recognize her face. Her eyes looked distant - almost ghostly, and she kept screaming out over and over, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" as if she were looking for me, yet I was holding her, or attempting to... She was flailing uncontrollably, Daddy couldn't even contain her - we contemplated putting her in the play pen and just letting her thrash about so she couldn't hurt herself. This went on every 10 minutes for about 3 hours. She finally settled down after asking for milk through some huge tears. She followed me to the kitchen and sucked down a whole cup, asked for more, took it to bed with her and passed out for the night.
She didn't get a nap in yesterday and had woken up early. I am guessing it was just because she was overtired, but I wonder if there is anything more to it. Last time it happened this bad her molars were coming in and I think she was very uncomfortable - this time? I don't know - she has another cold - possibly she just can't relax right because she can't breath so well...?
In sillier news... Sometimes when it is really hot (like the past few days), we sit on the cool tile floor in the kitchen and eat yogurt together. Last night she didn't want to go to bed and attempted to put it off by saying, "Sit floor in chicken, have yogurt!"
Our best buds have a pool in their complex so we beat the heat with a little swim yesterday afternoon. It had been awhile since we swam as the summer weather here in LA has been so awesome - not desert hot like August usually is. Emma hung out in her ladybug floaty for a nice chunk of time and then played on the stairs letting Ben share the floaty. It was a very pleasant way to spend the late afternoon. Emma's virtual twin, Evie, calls me Brenda and Emma calls her Mama, Afton - by our first names. I've contemplated trying to get Emma to be more polite by saying, "Miss Afton" or something - but it seems silly as we hang out with them the most. At church, she sometimes calls the nursery leader "Miss Sara", but then that goes out the window when we do a kid swap and she is at Sara's house! My favorite part though and the reason for me even talking about this is, is other day I was making dinner and Emma wandered into the 'chicken' and said, "Making dinner, Brenda?"
Tonight at the church we are attending a Going Away dinner party for the Means family. I am devastated. The Means are the family with all the girls who babysit my kids. I love these girls. They are experienced, they are kind hearted, they are GOOD people and they will be missed for their goodness and for their kidsitn skills. The new hunt begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment