Emzilla is having a hard time falling asleep tonight. We've been battling for 38 minutes now. Her first stall tactic was, "Mommy, Emma hungry. Cheese, please." I gave her a few grapes and that seemed to work. I put her in bed, closed the door and she started screaming, "MOMMY, NOOOO! EMMA GO POTTY! GO POTTY, MOMMY." So, I called her bluff and sat her on the potty. Nothing.
She is now standing at her closed door crying for me to come get her. Ben is fast asleep in the same room and thankfully a deep sleeper... I just went in to scoop her up and give her big hugs, her cries are getting weaker and faker, forced whimpers with screams of torture thrown in. And to think, when I put her in for a nap today, she went right to sleep. No such luck this evening.
I just went in to check on her. I tried singing softly in her ear and she yelled, "MOMMY, NO SINGING EAR EMMA!" - Okay then, note to self, no singing ear Emma.
I am a fan of the cry it out. Once Ben hit 6 months, I began this method of putting him to sleep at night. He now cries for about 7 seconds, then rolls over on his belly and passes out. If only Emma could remember those days - she used to do the same!
Ben continues to crack us up all day long. He has the best smile and loves loves LOVES to play games - especially peek-a-boo. He has started 'talking' more and his laugh is infectious. He is starting to recognize his bowl and spoon and when he sees me prepping his meals he goes ballistic squealing in excitement with this caveman like, "Gimme, gimme, gimme!"
Emma is now at the door yelling to me, "Mommy, lie down bed! Lie down bed!" She wants me to lay with her like I do after she has a nightmare. Part of me wants to - when she grows older she won't want me to so I might as well take advantage of her need for my snuggles. The other part of me doesn't want to get into a habit that I will have to break her of... Decisions decisions.
Okay, it's been over an hour. The child will not sleep. I cannot write. I need to study... and wash the dishes. Ugh. Believe it or not, Baby Bento is still asleep...
No comments:
Post a Comment