If there were American Idol for 2 year old, Emma would win hands down!
I fall in love all over with this little lady as her vocals blossom. She is remembering more and more songs and enjoys singing all day long. On the way home from our park playdate this morning, she sang the entire theme song from the Backyardigans hardly missing a word. It was so adorable. She is generally in key, too! She may sound a bit like Fran Dresher at this stage, but I wouldn't change it for anything.
Playdate #2 for the day started about 15 minutes after returning home from playdate #1. I was a bit leery that Emzilla would appear as this date was on our home turf not neutral territory, but she stayed away mostly and it was fascinating to watch her introduce Porter to all her favorite toys in the back yard, and her favorite dirt pile, i.e. the rose garden - poor kid went home filthy, but he definitely had fun!
We are making slow progress with the potty training. Tonight Emma was in the sand box and said, "Okay, sandbox. Emma say goodbye. Emma go poopy on potty and get a star." I overheard her say this and swooped her up quick, but we struggled to get her shorts and diaper off in time and we didn't quite make it. At least we know she is identifying the sensation that she has to go. I told her after the 'accident' to try and pee pee and she pressed on her belly just under her belly button with her index finger as if that were her on and off switch (if only it were that easy!). She did tinkle, though, and delighted in drawing herself a star on her potty chart on the wall!
Both kiddos still have runny noses but it doesn't seem to be a bother by day - by night I can hear them struggling the breathe, hopefully they will be over them soon...
'Emmaism' of the day: "Daddy, I like your shirt!" (came out of nowhere and cracked us both up!), and "Mama, Apollo got bunghole." (as she was investigating his bum - yeah, that one is my fault and daddy was not so pleased...)
No comments:
Post a Comment