In an effort to de-mama's-boyify young Ben, I left him with Daddy today when he came home for some lunch and Emma and I headed out to do girl things, you know - pick up Daddy's dry cleaning and go to the bank! (I'm not sure what Daddy and Ben did, but knowing those two, it involved a lot of burping and farting - you know, boy stuff.)
We got out of the car at the bank and headed across the parking lot toward the entrance. About half way across Emma starts yelling, "BEN! BEN!" and is trying to go back to the car. I scooped her up and reminded her that Ben was home with Daddy! She was like, "Oh, yeah. Okay!" and away we went. HOW FREAKIN' SWEET IS THAT, THOUGH? She didn't want to leave her baby brother behind in the hot car - apparently she really does like him!
Later after naps, it was kind of sweaty out so we filled the kiddy pool and stripped Emma down for some skinny dippin'. She was playing all nice but she had that look in her eye, so I went in and grabbed the mini-potty and brought it outside setting it next to the pool. Now all you parents out there reading this and in potty training mode, pay attention, because this is some good parenting. I said to Emma. "Hey, sweatpea, you haven't pooped yet today. If you feel like you have to go, get out of the pool and sit on your potty! Poopy in the pool is yucky. Poopy on the potty is awesome!" Pretty good, right?
Well, a few minutes later, she goes, "Hmm, Emma go poopy. No poopy in pool. Poopy on potty." and climbs out of the pool and sits down. HA! I thought - its going to work!
2 seconds later, she decides, NAH, colon fakeout - but instead of getting back in the pool she streaks around the backyard for the next 15 minutes. I was "trying" to chase her down, but she was having so much fun being naked that I didn't make her stop! And the way her long blond hair was flying around and her little gut was poking out - seriously, it was the coppertone ad revisited for the year 2009 sans bikini bottoms.
What?! No pictures to blackmail her with when she's a teenager? That is classic!
ReplyDelete