Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Ben found his thrills..."

I'm trying to break Emzilla of the habit of wandering around the house when she is brushing her teeth. What that turned into tonight was a screaming toddler laying on the floor in the bathroom, me holding her down and brushing them for her. I don't think she liked that so much...

Ben had his first real (i.e. not pureed) food today - blueberries! But, sweet readers, he did not have them on purpose... We had a playdate with some friends at the house this morning and I gave out blueberries in dixie cups as a snack. Someone must not have eaten all of theirs and left them in the play tent in the back yard. I didn't notice them when I kerplunked Bento in the tent this afternoon to play while I cleaned up the backyard. A few minutes later I noticed from afar that he was happily chewing on the dixie cup. I thought nothing of it - it's just a paper cup - and kept cleaning. When I looked back again a minute or two later I noticed he had something all over his face. I ran over to find him covered in blueberry goo. He had chewed through the cup from the bottom and mushed the blueberries everywhere. Too funny! I am hoping that blueberries are not one of the forbidden fruit for babies. Great. Now I am paranoid and need to check the internet...

Okay, I'm back. Phew, blueberries are listed on the "least allergenic foods" side of the charts. Not that there is anything I could do about it now - 5 hours later... Hmmm, might need to rethink my parenting skill on that one. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment