Emma woke up this morning with a runny nose so I am now thinking that Ben's "teething" isn't teething at all but just a summer cold. Boo! ...and we have a very busy day today. Fingers crossed!
Yesterday Emma was jumping on the couch again and I said, "Remember what happened yesterday? You were jumping and fell off and hit your head and got an ouchie." She immediately stopped jumping and sat down all good little girl like. About two minutes later, she was all - I'll take my chances! - and stood up and started jumping again. Guess what, she totally landed wrong and went flying off the couch and landed face first into her wooden chair. I scooped her up and she had this look on her face like, "Yep, you warned me. But, I'm not going to cry even though it hurt because that would mean your warning was right and I should have listened to you." She didn't shed a tear!
Ben had a few face plants of his own at the park yesterday. He was sitting up pretty good - had a good 3 minute streak rocking. The minute I stood up and went two feet away to the stroller to grab something, 'Timber!" down he went. Poor kid ate a nice face full of that fake spongey playground mat material - at least it was a soft landing... not a wooden chair!
No comments:
Post a Comment