So, yeah, this morning I busted out the 'ole Magic Bullet and pureed up a banana all smooth like, mixed it with some yummy rice cereal and fed it to B to the E to the N, who promptly shook his entire body as if I had just fed him straight up lemons. I thought, okay, maybe he just needs an adjustment to his taste buds - new food and all - and gave him another bite. Same reaction. I then fed a heaping bite to Emzilla to see what she would do, "Ooh, Mommy, dewishiss! One more time." Oh well, at least my hard work in the kitchen didn't go to waste. : )
Today we were supposed to meet up with a Mommy group from the area and visit the Noah's Ark exhibit at the Skirball Center. I was excited about meeting some new Mommies and for Emma to get the chance to make new friends. All week I had been talking it up - new friends! - and Emma was yammering on and on about the new friends! the whole car ride there. We got to the museum and entered the exhibit - which, by the way, is freaking amazing, kids from 1 - 10 will enjoy it! - and met up with the Mom from the park who invited us. She has a daughter 2 months younger than Emma named Leah. We ended up having to change new friends to new friend as she is the only one who showed up! Oh, well, she is a very cool mom and Leah and Emma hit it off no problem. I look forward to meeting the other Moms someday and introducing Leah to Emma's current circle of buddies - one can never have enough 'friends!'
Speaking of current circle - we are off to the zoo tomorrow with Evie, Porter, Cameron, and Emma. LA ZOO - don't say I didn't warn you! I'm sure it will be a blast! I promise pictures...
Emma is a songwriter! Lullibies are her forte, especially ones sung to her wittle brodder.
"A B C D, Bento's sleeping, H I J K, Bento's sleeping...." was the first one she came up with sung all whispery and sweet. Her newest is, "Twinkle twinkle Bento's sleeping, how I wonder Bento's sleeping, up above the Bento's sleeping, like a diamond Bento's sleeping, twinkle twinkle, Bento's sleeping, how I wonder Bento's sleeping." AND, she doesn't miss a note. TOO FUNNY!
Lastly, I need to get a spare key made for the house and stash it somewhere in case of emergency. An emergency like TODAY. Ben wanted a change of scenery so I scooped him up and went outside to drag in our trash cans from the curb. As I was pulling in the 3rd and final can I heard, "CLICK!" - the security screen door locking. "Emma, unlock the door sweety pie." She jiggles it but can't seem to turn it all the way. "Ut-oh Mama, stuck!" Ai yai yai, at least I had Ben with me and she couldn't step on him or squash him as she is known to do... "Okay, bugs, just twist the knobby back and forth." She understands what I am saying and tries but can't quite get it all the way as it is kind of like a dead bolt. "Stuck, mama, stuck. Oh man!" "You can do it, Emma, " as my heart starts to beat a bit faster, can she really? It is a pretty cranky crank lock even for an adult! "Twist it again." It is then I realize the back door is unlocked and she's not stuck for real and exhaled not realizing I was holding my breath. CLICK! She did it! She unlocked it! "Good job, bugaboo!" Now if you touch it again, I am gonna cut off a fingertip - just like they did on the Sopranos... Okay, so I never watched that show - I heard they did stuff like that. They were parents, weren't they?
No comments:
Post a Comment