Random thought: Ben used to gaze into my eyes for hours on end. Ever since he gave up the booby, he hardly glances my way. I don't even know what color his eyes are anymore... Okay, they are an awesome slate blue, but I miss my magical connection with my baby boy who is now an busy little buddy growing his brain by investigating every nook and cranny of every object he comes in contact with - including his genitals which he can't stop grabbing at when I change his diaper. BOYS!
Last nights conversation before Emma went to bed:
"Mama, read a book?" Okay, one book. (I read a book.)
"Mama, next one!" Okay, one more book. (I read it.)
"Mama, one more book!" Okay, but this is the last book. (I read it.)
"Mama, next book. Emma get it." No, Ems, it's night night time. No more books.
"No, Mama. Next book. Emma get it. For you, Mama. Emma get it for you, Mama. Read it!" Emma, you have to go night night. It's dark. It's sleepy time.
"No, Mama. Emma get it for you. Mr. Brown can MOO. Emma get it. Emma get it for you. Read it, Mama, pleeeeeeeease?"
Seriously, she was so damn cute with her sentences and her' pleeeeeease' and her 'for you' - as if I didn't have to put any effort into it because she was the one who would go to the bookcase and get it. How do you say no to that? I finally had to shut her door and let her cry it out, which she did but it only lasted a few minutes - not like the 3 hours of cries the previous night where we almost called in a priest to do an exorcism...
Yesterday my acting skills were put to the test and failed miserably when I was trying very hard to act the part of a stern parent. I can't remember what she was doing wrong (she does so much stuff wrong! TODDLER), but I swooped her up, tossed her on the sofa in a time out all the while with a stern face like I was real mad at her. Well, Miss Sassafrass said to me, "No, Emma no time out. Emma go sleep!" and she laid down on the sofa and made fake sleep snores. It was so freaking funny that I couldn't hold back the snarf and ruined all credibility as a disciplining parent in that moment. She totally caught me giggling and will surely remember and play that card again in the future...
No comments:
Post a Comment