Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What day is today?

Now that we are in Summer break mode, I have to find "something" to do Mon-Fri vs. just 3 days a week. I keep reminding myself that when Em starts 5 day a week free Pre-K come September, my life will become easier / more difficult real quick. Easier because I only need to find something to do for one kid, but more difficult because Em will be on a real schedule with specific drop off and pick up times 5 days a week.

That being said, I always try to be out the door by 10am so I can be home for lunch and then Ben's nap. Some days I succeed. Today I did not.

Because I didn't get out the door until 10:20, the park I wanted to go play at 15 minutes away travel time-wise would have eaten into our it's-a-beautiful-day-and-we-really-should-get-as-much-outside-time-as-possible time. So, as we were pulling down our driveway I was thinking we should just go to Rocketship park because it is close - it is also sand, and I HATE SAND. Then Emma announced from the back seat, "Mom, we should just go to Rocketship park." Decision made.

As we pulled into the parking lot my sensitive / emotional little 2 year old's bottom lip jutted out and giant tears started spilling down his cute little cheeks. "Whatsamatter, buddy?" Sadly he could not put into words just yet why he randomly feels sad, but within a few minutes of digging in the sand he was as happy as a clam again...

Em, as per usual, quickly made friends with the kids already playing. Ben, as per usual, quickly buried his matchbox and I could not find it. That also warranted a bunch of, "Oh, NO's!!" until a nice 6 year old discovered Ben's buried treasure and returned it to him, thank you very much.

Em is now fascinated with the monkey bars. Trouble is, she starts out, gets immediately stuck, cries for help, I grab her, she fakes her way across the bars with me holding her, then demands at the end I let her go so she can hang and then drop to the ground...  Happened at least 8 times today.

We made it home for lunch with no more tears, but filthy from head to toe. Have I mentioned I dislike sand DUST more than sand?

Tonight I kidsat my friend's kiddos. 4 kids four and under wreaking havoc on the penthouse. I apologize to the lovely ladies who live below us... OI!

No comments:

Post a Comment