Bedtimes since Em completed her "get a fish" chart have been a bit dodgy around here. Lots of talking back, lots of tears, lots of fake "but I have to pee." The girl has been driving us batty and tonight I finally realized the kid simply needs a GOAL. Something to keep her in bed so I can do the dishes / clean the penthouse uninterrupted. So, I whipped up a new sticker chart - this one with 21 squares culminating in the Rapunzel dress she has been begging me for. It seems to have worked - fingers crossed - not just for tonight. She got out of bed a few times to pee, but there were no tears, no fighting me to lay down, and no wants of juice / cheese / a snack...
We had a good day filled with lots of activities. We started the morning at the mini-zoo, then hit the playground, then BJs where we grabbed a slice of pizza (kids not me - I have now lost 19 pounds!! WOOT!), home for a break, over to Rocketship park for an afternoon of sunny goodness, back home for a dip in the kiddie pool, dinner, Max and Ruby then bed for the kids...
Sleepy time for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment