Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Random children-isms

Ben continues to 'jibber-jabber throw in a word we understand' to get his point across. His word of the week is "school bus" which sounds like "Bool bus!" when he says it. LOVE IT.

In the car the other day, Em and I were talking about whatever and she randomly said, "Mom, you're freaking me out!" Where does she pick up this stuff??

Then at the park Em walked up to me and said, "Mom, can you put this in the garbage?" I asked her what it is and she replied, "It's a booger from my nose." NICE.

I went to the library solo the other afternoon as Daddy was home playing with the children. As I was "wasting" time - i.e. enjoying ME TIME! - I noticed a whole heck of a lot of other people's children running amok and creating loud disturbances inside the quiet sanctuary. I wondered to myself if I have never noticed them before because it is usually MY CHILDREN running amok and creating disturbances... hmmmm, indeed.

And just to show you children are INFLUENCED by what they watch on tv/dvds... The other day when disciplining Emma over some infraction of the house LAW that I cannot even recall now, she said, "Mother, you are ruining my life! You have got to be kidding me. Get out of town!" She ever so eloquently strung these sentences together in the proper context that I could not help but cave and laugh at her ridiculousness... Fail on my discipline part - but COME ON! She'll be four next week!! and she is already telling me, thank you Rapunzel, that I am "ruining her life" !!!

Needless to say, I am enjoying my children... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment