Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Peek - a - ZOO!

Sooooo, our zoo trip yesterday was NOTHING like our zoo trip 10 days ago. 10 days ago I decided I didn't like the Bronx Zoo because it had too many school field tripping children there. On that visit as we were leaving I asked a staff member, "When is the best time to come to avoid so many elementary school kids?" She explained that Monday and Tuesday were the best days. Wednesday was free admission day so all the riffraff come, Thursday and Friday were school kid / summer camp kid crazy, and Saturday and Sunday were busy with families from all over enjoying the space.

Therefore, when Daddy suggested we pick him up at his office at 11:00, drive into the Bronx, have a quick picnic lunch in the car, spend the afternoon wandering around the zoo, and then drop Daddy back off at the office for his evening appointments I thought, "Yes, let's give that a whirl."

Sooooo glad we did! I now LOVE the Bronx Zoo again! We used the umbrella stroller (as opposed to the double that the kids weigh too much for), they traded riding in it nicely and we had a blast seeing all the animals sans NYC school kids. Last time I complained about my kids being a pain, but after yesterday I realized, "It's not my kids, it's all the other ones." Hahaha. Okay so maybe it's 50/50?

But really, the only drama we encountered is when some DUMB family with a 2 year old had a toy Lightening McQueen car that they were playing with IN THE MIDDLE OF A WALK WAY IN THE ZOO and Ben freaked out because it was the exact replica of his toy and he thought it was his and cried for a solid 20 minutes through the Butterfly garden exhibit AND the Bug Carousal! Picture this, my handsome 2 year old screaming over and over and over, "Oh, NO!" cry cry cry, "Oh, NO!" cry cry cry. (Repeat 100 times x infinity.) It was endearing, then annoying, then I am gonna slash toy bringing to the zoo's family's tires NOW.

Super happy Emma and Daddy!!

Quintessential Benjamin. WE LOVE THIS KID.

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of Ben down on the ground checking out the fish.

    ReplyDelete