I took the kids bowling today. Yep, bowling with a 2 and 4 year old. We were with a group of about 16 young kids sharing a lane with our pals Georgie and Christian. Luckily their Mommy and I have been hanging out quite a bit recently and know each others kids and their quirks - 'cuz let me tell you, my kids have got some quirks - but that is what makes them so damn loveable. Right?
Quirk #1) Benjamin cries hysterically upon arriving at a new location for 10 minutes then settles down and has a blast. Today was no different. And put on kids bowling shoes? Not a chance! He kicked and screamed and nearly brought the roof down with his tantrum. I put his regular sneakers back on, gave him some milk and he finally settled down.
Quirk #2) Emma does not listen. I kept telling her to WAIT until the pins were set up before releasing the ball. The first few frames she bowled right into the lifting bar. It is amazing that they let us finish out the game...
Quirk #3) If Benjamin does not have a toy in his hands, his hand will go into his diaper and find his built in toy. This usually results in his winkie being pointed straight up and him peeing all over himself (or my sofa, or his bed, or the carseat) or the BOWLING ALLEY LANES! Yep, he stood up saying, "Oh, NO! Water. Water!" pointing to the giant pool.
(Seriously, they probably have our picture up on the wall by now so the clerks can identify us and deny us future entrance.)
It took us exactly 50 minutes to bowl one game (4 kids) and we were out the door in 60 minutes. It felt like an entire morning and I came home needing a nap!
When the above quirks weren't quirking, we did have a great time. I definitely laughed a lot (he peed on the lanes!), sweated a lot (chasing Ben), and really just tried to go with it... What else could I do?
Some proof:
| She did look cute in the shoes... |
| "Who needs a bowling ball." |
| Benjamin! Pee pee belongs in the potty! |
That's funny Brenda, and as least you can laugh at it too. Maybe Ben likes the coziness of the car and doesn't want to leave and hence the tantrums. Who knows!?! Lawrence didn't like transitions at all, but I can't remember what I did for it.
ReplyDeleteYOu are so brave to go bowling with the kids. I still haven't done that one.
Hilarious!
ReplyDeletethis is soo funny. dont worry, i've done the same thing. i had luke's 5 year old birthday party at the bowling alley (where jason didn't go, but i did hire a babysitter to come, the means, but nothing compares to the other parent) and none of the kids were into bowling like luke was so he ended up bowling everyones turn and they were rolling on the floor. we lasted 2 1/2 turns and then went home.
ReplyDelete