Clever Daddy often says when our children fall down for no reason that the "sniper got ya!"
Emma has never ever questioned what a sniper is. She simply knows that he is the entity that makes children fall down. As we were walking home from the park Tuesday afternoon, out of nowhere Emma said, "Mama, did you see the sniper get that boy?" "Ummm, which boy?" "That boy at the park. He fell down. The sniper got him. And the sniper got Donnie, too, this morning at school. We were playing with the hula hoops and he fell down. The sniper got him." Oh goodness. I am curious to know if she told her teachers about this hostile sniper that is terrorizing the children of Port Jefferson...?
Because I am so clever (not really) and because of Benny's new obsession with the swings at the park, all I can think about when I push him is, "Swing, batter batter batter, swing!" I can't stop saying it. I did not grow up tortured by this name. My children will - like their father before them. I need to enroll them in Karate - not only to teach them discipline (which the 3 year old is in dire need of), but some self defense skills and more importantly, patience. As a matter of fact, I could use some of those classes my self!
No comments:
Post a Comment