Friday, October 29, 2010

Anticipation

As per usual, most days I have nothing specific planned to do. I wake up, get a feel for the weather and make decisions from there. On the occasion I have a playdate planned a few days in advance, I rarely tell Emma because I never hear the end of it. Who? What? When? Where? Why? How? over and over. Yesterday I made the mistake of telling her that her friend, Ellie, was having a birthday party tomorrow. That was yesterday - two whole days before the party. And let's face it - Emma is a party girl. All day yesterday and all day today it was, "Let's go to Ellie's birfday party, Mom," or " MOM, WHEN WE GONNA GO TO ELLIE'S HOUSE FOR THE BIRFDAY PARTY AND EAT CAKE AND PLAY WIT ALL DE KIDS?" I though I could keep her at bay today with the whole trip to the toy department to purchase the present and go home and wrap the present, but we were done with all that by 11am and still had another 8 hours of questioning whether I got the date and time and location of the party correct. The only good thing is I seemed to have been able to use it to keep her in bed tonight. Fingers crossed! She ate every last bit of her dinner with no complaints, too - which is generally the case, she is a GREAT eater - but not even a struggle to get her to drink all of her milk. We just may need more birthday party invites.

Ben... what can I say, my smiling bundle of joy is so much FUN - until dinnertime, or lunchtime for that matter. The kid simply will not eat. He is now down to an egg and a dry waffle for breakfast (sometimes a pancake). Then for the rest of the day he may eat steak, chicken sausage, pasta and bananas. That is about it. He will only eat about 4 or 5 bites of rice before he starts spitting it and throwing it, and the tofu that he once LOVED, he will only eats 4 or 5 cubes before he starts playing with it and smooshing it in his hair. He is getting crazy skinny, but he still drinks about 18 ounces of whole milk daily so I am not going to worry too much. I am just going to be more annoyed than anything at the mess he makes. Little turkey...

1 comment:

  1. Love Emma's princess costume. Ben eats exactly how Lawrence did. He always ate a big breakfast, but didn't eat for the rest of the day. I still have to remind him to eat lunch and dinner on the weekends. Just keep offering the healthy stuff. It's like my pediatrician says, "no kid will starve themselves..they'll eat when they're hungry".

    ReplyDelete