This evening after dinner as we were relaxing on the couch reading books, Emma smeared a wet finger across my face saying, "Hey Mama, you want some?" "Umm, eww. What was that?" "It was water." "Where did you get it from?" "From my mouth!" A saliva schmear - lovely...
Today was an absolutely beautiful sunshine California Winter day - except that we are no longer in California, and it is only the beginning of Autumn with a leftover Indian Summer here in New York. We started out the day at a group play date, it's the third time we have met with this group - there are a few cool Moms that I am getting to know, but mostly I spend the time making sure my children are behaving. Case in point, this morning - on this beautiful sunshine day - we were at our new friend's house for the playdate and all the children are smartly so playing OUTSIDE in the huge yard with lots of cool toys. But not my kids. My kids, my Thomas the Cheeky freakin' Train obsessed kids, are playing INSIDE with the coolest train track that ever a child did see, or so my kids thought. When I finally ripped them out of the playroom and forced them to play outside with all the other kids, the crocodile tears were a-flowing!! Daddy and I are so very ready to hire a hypnotist to come in and erase their tiny little memories of this little blue train...
After Ben's nap this afternoon, we embraced the sunshine and headed to our old standby, Rocketship Park. We spent about 90 minutes there - 81 of which Benjamin, king of the I HATE THE SWINGS, spent in a swing. GET THIS. Every time I tried to take him out of the toddler swing, he would freak out. Scream like a girl. The only thing that would calm him down was to put him back in the swing. So, back into the swing he went - happy as a clam to fly back and forth through the air. Why the sudden change? Only Benny knows... Luckily Emma is able to entertain herself for the most part at the park making new friends or, as luck would have it, a girl from her preschool was there and they played the afternoon away.
No comments:
Post a Comment