Friday, October 15, 2010

First taste of the winter to come.

It is 53˚ today but the wind is blowing pretty strong so it feels more like 45˚. It is the perfect day to curl up on the sofa with a cup of hot tea and a good book. That's what I would have been doing 17 years ago when I lived on the Frost Coast, of course long before the two kiddos above were even thoughts in my head.

But because those kiddos are now a CONSTANT thought in my head, I figured I would throw on a heavy coat and make the most of the moody Autumn day. We hit up BJs early and got some groceries and an awesome pumpkin to carve. Then we headed over to Rocketship Park hoping to find some other families venturing out into the windy madness. The place was a ghost town, but that didn't stop us Californians! Emma whined about the cold for about 5 minutes, then she took her shoes off (huh?) and played for an hour in the sand - at least she kept her hat on. Ben on the other hand, only left his hat on for 4 second intervals. At least I got a cute pic! I chased him around the place putting it on his head. He would laugh, rip it off and run away. A fun little game that at least kept the blood circulating! (The blue Columbia fleece he is modeling is the one I got for $1.99 at the thrift store. Score.)

3 comments:

  1. THe kids will be loving the snow after a week of it and they realize how fun it is. Those are fun pics.

    I LOVE the sniper comment. that is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. barefeet in cold sand is a daddy thing to do. love me the early morn sand on a dawn patrol surf. i like the sniper too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina says that Benny looks like one of Santa's elves.

    ReplyDelete