Wednesday, October 27, 2010

All you need us love.

Today was rainy and weird. We were stuck inside all day and if it weren't for an unexpected drop by of a friend this afternoon to entertain me and my children and to take our minds off the fact that we were stuck inside all day, I may have jammed a fork through my eyeball.

But once again, the world was made a better place by the quick witted articulation of my comedian daughter:

Picture this, Daddy had just walked in the door and saw me in a frazzled state of disarray. The kids were bathed, Ben was in his pjs, Emma had a jammie top on but was naked from the waste down. She was jumping all over the couch in her usual "you can't catch me" so I could finish getting her dressed. I was frustrated and said, "I am so tired. WHY AM I SO TIRED? You kids!! That is why I am so tired!!"

Then daughter with perfect timing said, "No, Mommy, that is why you are so happy."

Yes, daughter, YES. You are absolutely correct and I would not EVER change a minute of it.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh..that is so cute. Smart little Emma!

    Tired and Happy can coexist though thankfully

    ReplyDelete