Thursday, October 28, 2010

Genetics?

Genetics are a funny thing. When I was a kid I HATED feetie pajamas. My Mom always had to cut the feet out of them or I could not sleep. To this day I still cannot wear socks to bed or I feel claustrophobic. Well guess who excitedly put on her new footy PJs from Abuelita tonight then immediately freaked out because of the feet. 'Ole Emsadoo, that's who. So, out came the shears and OFF WITH THE FEET. The tears stopped instantly and she snuggled into bed. Oi.

Problem is, she didn't stay in bed. She has been 'go to sleep' challenged the past few weeks. Every night we put her to bed praying that just this once it will be easy. No such luck. Even as I write this she is yelling at me from her bed... She makes up every excuse in the book to stay up. She has to pee. She has to poop. She needs her baby monkey. She wants a cheesestick. She needs some juice. The monsters are going to get her. She is sooooo afraid and her room is soooo scary. Just when you feel like you have won the battle and she is asleep, she comes out for something else. Ben? He just flops around in his crib and takes it all in - nary a sound from his pretty little head.

Today was Emma's preschool Halloween party. It is always a kick to see so many little kiddos dressed for the occasion. Emma wanted to be - of course - Sleeping Beauty, so we were able to score yet one more occasion for her fancy dress. Hooray! Here are a few shots of her and the kids at school.

I love how Sheriff Woody is hugging on our little princess in the last pic.

If you recall, poor Benny has been wearing the same sandals day in and day out for six months now. The are the kind that velcro in 3 different spots and grow ever so awesomely with a kid's feet. Best part about them is they were barely used hand-me-downs. As his toes were curling out and over the edge of the shoe I figured it time to purchase him a pair for winter. But I misjudged the size and got him one size too big - no problem, he will grow into them. But he looks so silly in them, almost like they are clown shoes. And, when he walks he has a deliberate high step - almost like he knows they are too big and he is trying not to trip. Check out his tootsies in the pic on the right (click on the pic to enlarge it). Luckily, after lunch a box was delivered from Abuelita - or should I start calling her, "Abshoelita" as she always saves the day when it comes to our children's footwear. In the box were 2 pairs of shoes in the proper size for Ben. SWEET! And, thanks, Abuelita!

No comments:

Post a Comment