The blog of the day is brought to you by the letter and verb/noun P.
Emma woke up this morning in time for breakfast in London, which is cool. Except for the part where we all remember that we live in the eastern time zone of the US, which means she woke up ridonkulously early. Needless to say, she ended up in our bed. Most of the time when this happens, someone gets the boot onto the couch since emzadoo likes to sleep diagonal and practice her tai chi in REM sleep. Of course she fell back to sleep right quick, only after Ben woke up and demanded entertainment (the 5:15am chorus line had a long Saturday night and called in sick, so we opted for Nick Jr on the computer). Ben's still pretty good about chilling in his pack and play in the pre-dawn hours, as long as he's watching a movie or internet show. Translated - he keeps his mouth shut!!
After all said travails had passed, I was gracefully awakened by Emma sitting up like a bolt of lightning hit her, and then exclaiming in full volume; "Daddy! It's morning time! Are you hungry?"
Umm...yes. Actually I was. We had quiche (slow down, mom made it the night before) and pancakes (not made the night before), and both kids were totally satisfied.
In our total commitment to getting the kids fresh air daily, I ventured out after breakfast to a new park. As I set Ben's feet on the ground Emma had already disappeared into a giant maze of a playground, which we will DEFINITELY be visiting again. Of course, the colon train made a stop in Ben's station 5 minutes after we got there, and of course, the main building and its bathroom was under construction leaving only a portapotty. Yet it was 60 degrees and cloudy out so no one was there but us. Which if you're picking up what I'm laying down means that bens bare butt was changed right next to the twisty slide.
Our next mission was to make an apple pie with the apples Emma and I picked the day before. I have never made apple pie before, but through the power of the magical internets I found a simple recipe that didn't require me to channel julia child or emeril. On our way to the store we watched The Princess and The Frog, quickly becoming one of my favorites. For those who remember, the bad guys' chorus goes "are you ready, are you ready", and Emma was ABSOLUTELY ready...to make apple pie. She kept repeating in perfect key with the song; "are you ready, are you ready, TO MAKE APPLE PIEEEEEE!!!"
Needless to say I fully expected her face to be coooovered in apple pie by days end. Although she was intent on participating in every step of prep, once the pie/crumble was baked, she wanted nothing to do with it. Go figure.
Evidence of the awesomeness can be seen above.
Last but not least, our potty training parents will appreciate this one. We ran out to get chinese food for dinner (yay for daddy), and emma celebrated by peeing on the car seat. Of course we get home and THEN I find out. So I get her cleaned up and sitting on the potty, and I run downstairs to do my best to clean up the seat. With that job done (5 minutes elapsed), I run back upstairs, curious to see what the aftermath will be. I walk in to see Emma's bare butt streaking across the house, Ben sitting on the coffee table, and an entire roll of TP sitting in the toilet.
Priceless.
Let me tell you I was PSYCHED that there was a delectable apple crumble for me for ME!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment