Phew! It is harder and harder to find the time to post my memories here - especially on the weekends. Cliche as it is, I don't know where the time goes...
Emzilla continues to amuse. Her speech is amazingly good. I listen to her string long sentences together, playing pretend, and mimicking her favorite show's plot lines regularly now. Her memory is better than mine (that isn't very hard... that is why I blog, so I can remember the little things!) and her social skills are blossoming.
Saturday night we had a work function so Emma got to go to her "Uncle" Markus's house and play. Markus is the biggest kid on the block so they had a great time. In church Sunday morning at the usual quiet moment, Emma yells, "Mommy, go Markus house!" Then she started a pretend game of catch with the pretend dogs, "Cassidy, CATCH! Apollo? Apollo! Po-po? Doe-doe, CATCH!" "Want apples, dogs? CATCH!" I was holding Ben trying not to drop him because I was shaking so hard from trying not to laugh out loud. Poor Daddy got to wrestle her into whispering - not an easy job!
We had a awesome Father's day. After church, we came home and had some lunch and all of us took 2 hour naps - my kind of Sunday! Then we got up and bbq'd up some rib-eyes and played bocce ball in the back yard. Emma was throwing balls right along side of us using both hands! Her left arm hit the target more than her right, but I think she kind of favors the right when coloring and eating. She is definitely still in her ambidextrous stage. Whenever she tossed the ball she would yell, "Whohoo! Emma - awesome!" or "Yes! Emma good job!" She even praised Daddy and Mommy a few times on our throws!
Ben is getting the hang of the rice cereal thing. I may try him on a veggie tomorrow and see what he thinks. He is exactly 5 months as of yesterday and growing like crazy. He rolls back to front and front to back with ease now and although still very independent, he does want changes of venue more often. He laughs a lot when Emma is playing with him, but still occasionally cries if she yells to close to him -he is not a fan of anyone who talks loud! Ha!
I thought he was sprouting another tooth today when I realized it is more of those hard little pustules on his gums. I have no idea what they are but they go away after a few days and don't seem to be painful to him whatsoever. Weird weird weird...
Silliness of the day: I am experimenting with our living room floors. They are hard wood and I had an area rug in the center of the floor. The damn dogs use the rug as a back scratcher and shed like mad on it. I have to vacuum it daily as it gets hairy and smelly fast. I vacuumed it up yesterday, then rolled it up and stored it in the garage wondering if my mad dog hair proplem would lesson... It has been 24 hours and I swear the living room looks so much less dusty and hairy as they have nowhere to rub and lose the hair. Hmmmm, I'll keep you posted as I know you are all on the edge of your seats wondering what will happen.
Anyway, the silliness was: Emma was sitting in her Mickey Mouse plastic chair watching her show on tv. She leaned forward in the chair and because the legs of the chair had no rug to grip just a slippery hard wood floor, the chair shot out behind her and she landed with quite the thud on her butt on the floor. She looked at me like, WTF? I was drinking water at the time and almost choked I was laughing so hard. She wasn't sure of she wanted to cry or laugh, too!
I was talking to Markus Sat. and he said he had to watch Emma, and I said "Cool!" How many friends would tell other friends that it was "Cool" that they had to baby sit. Only for Emma and Ben.
ReplyDelete