Daddy and I were at a conference all day on Saturday so Uncle Raul and Aunt Laurie volunteered to watch the bunch for the day. Thinking back, I think that is the first time in Ben's 4 1/2 months that we have been apart for that length of time. Is it bad for me to say that although I missed the littlies, I had an awesome day not being a responsible parent? I knew they were in very capable hands and I barely thought twice about them!
We leave in 4 weeks for our 10 day trip back east visiting grandparents. I am doing this trip solo so Daddy can concentrate on our financial future and although I am slightly intimidated about a 5 1/2 hour direct flight with a toddler and a baby (how ever will I pee?), I am sure it will be fine. A friend suggested I needed to grow a thicker layer of skin and just not worry when fellow passengers roll their eyes at me and my inevidably restless children. Feel free to give me travel advice with little kids!
Emma was eating breakfast this morning and a house fly flew by her. "Mama, a fly!" Then she pretended to catch it, "I got it! I got it!" Then she pretended to eat it, "Yum!" Where the hell did she get that from?
I think she saw me eat a fly at Mo's the other day. I thought it was a Hors d'oeuvres (hoor e door ves).
ReplyDelete