Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'...
Last night we went out to dinner with some good friends in Burbank. We got a booth thinking it would be easier to contain Emzilla - NOT! She colored, she jumped up and down on the bench, she talked in her outside voice. I had fed a her a bit before we went to stave off the crankies - it worked, she wasn't cranky for food, just excited to be out with Daddy and her family at a restaurant. When a little boy sat down in the booth behind us it quieted her for a while as they flirted with each other over the wall between the booths! As soon as our friends sat down we flagged down the waitress and ordered - we weren't sure what our window of time was going to be. When the waitress left, Tina said something like, okay, we've got about 5 minutes - go! Meaning who knows what will happen with toddler and baby so lets get the important conversation out of the way now! HA! At one point Daddy and I were talking about whether we wanted to have another kid or not and I said to Ben that it was his decision and asked him what he thought. Emma piped up with perfect timing, "NO!"
It was kind of toasty out after lunch today, so I filled the kiddie pool and Emzilla went for a swim. Ben was hanging out poolside enjoying the random sprinkles of water from his sister's splashes. It was very relaxing until an LAPD chopper started circling overhead. Emzilla yells, "Mama, hairplane!" - (yes, Hairplane). I tried to get her to say helicopter, but alas, it was hairplane every time it circled - which was at least FIFTY times. At about circle 51, I decided that there was something going down in my quiet little 'hood and wrangled the children indoors and locked the security screens. I figured if the outlaw they were trying to chase down wanted to go for a swim in our pool before his inevitable incarceration, he could do it without us. Would you believe that chopper circled for over 90 minutes? I still have no idea what was happening!
Early this evening we had to make a run in rush hour traffic to West LA to pick up a sit n stroll car seat/ stroller for our journeys east from a friend that was generously willing to lend us his. My buddy has a 2 year old and our kids had never met so I was excited to introduce them. Emma decided to play the shy card and wouldn't even look at Dillon, until Dillon wanted to say hello to Ben - then Emma stepped in between them with her back to Dillon to keep her from touching Ben. I cracked up. I don't know if she was being protective or selfish!
Poor Ben cried like a madman the entire ride home in traffic. I thought maybe he was hungry but he had a ginormous poopy diaper. Now I know I wasn't going to talk about pooh for awhile but I have a question for you. If what he eats comes out of his bunghole looking exactly like what I put in his mouth, does that mean his digestive system is not ready? Seriously, the kid ate a serving of pureed peas for lunch at noon, and by 6pm the exact thing arrived in his diaper. I was like dude, at least get some of the nutrition out of the food first - maybe a little vitamin A or something - there are kids starving in Africa and you are just wasting this stuff!
To end on a happy note - Daddy has never eaten a chocolate pudding pie in a graham cracker crust before so I busted out the fixins tonight so he can have his virgin taste when he gets home later this evening. I mean, really, chocolate pudding! Graham cracker crust! The best combo ever! What was his Mama thinking depriving him of this pleasure as a kid?? I put the kids to bed tonight and sliced off a giant piece and practically snorted it it was so good!! WAIT A MINUTE, maybe she did make them when Daddy was a kid, but like me - ate if after the kids went to bed so she wouldn't have to share!!! Smart lady...
No comments:
Post a Comment