Friday, June 12, 2009

Ben and the Beast

Ben had his first bite of solid food today! We popped him in the high chair and made a mini-batch of rice cereal. I stood by with the camera as Daddy did the feeding - and Emzilla did the HOWLING. Once again, she was pissed that Ben was in her high chair! Check out the video and you can see that I am not exaggerating. Ben ate like a champion - sort of - he had a few bites, I don't know how much he actually digested... I guess I may find out tomorrow!




Emma continued to amuse me today with her speech and commands and imagination. At one point she was dancing around the living room with the letter ' E' refrigerator magnet on her head. I asked her what she was doing and she informed me, "Emma princess." I presume the E was her crown?

This evening I ran her a bath and plopped her into the bubbles. She immediately stood up and peed in the tub yelling, "Yay! Emma did it! Whohoo!" just like we do when she actually performs on the potty. She was so proud of herself so I didn't want to tell her that the tub wasn't quite the achievement I was looking for...

After her bath I was brushing her hair. I hit a few tangles and after a bit she informed me I was done with, "Mama, Stop it. All done. Stop it."

Lastly, it is now about 10 pm as I am writing this. I put her in bed at 8:30pm. She has been quiet until about 5 minutes ago when I heard her not even 2 year old knuckles rapping on her bedroom door. She hadn't fallen asleep yet - she's been laying quietly for 90 minutes - and just now has decided to let me know. As sleepy as I am now, I may beat her to dreamland...

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Ben! Although he didn't seem too sure about that last bite.... And I see Emma's going to be an actress just like her mommy. I love the dramatic wails in the background. Were crocodile tears flowing as well?

    ReplyDelete