Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wagon wonders

Mommy is very proud of herself. This afternoon at about 3pm, Fedex ground dropped off Emma's (early) birthday present from Gamma Woo - a Radio Flyer red wagon - that, by the way, came in pieces and needed to be put together. When I first pulled it from the box I was a bit intimidated, but I grabbed the instructions and step by 10 very long steps, I had the thing in working order.

Ben helped me put it together. When I was frustrated because I couldn't figure a step out, I would look over at him sitting in his chair watching me and he would smile his big goofy toothless smile and all of the sudden the screw I needed or washer I was missing would appear.

When Emma woke from her nap, I told her I had a surprise for her. She tends to be grumpy these days when she wakes up and wasn't very impressed with the surprise until she realized it belonged to her and then she wouldn't get out of the wagon for the next hour and a half. She loaded her dolls into it and tried pulling it around the back yard. She is not quite big enough, but I have no doubt this wagon will bring endless joy as she grows into it. Nice choice, Gamma Woo!

Phrase of the day: "No! Not yours. Emma's!" heard at least 15 times today...

1 comment:

  1. I never had a wagon. Sniff, sniff. If I had, I would have named it Rosebud.

    ReplyDelete