Friday, June 26, 2009

Racing Day!

Emma is obsessed with running races. She got it from Ni Hao Kai Lan - her newest girlfriend. On the show Kai Lan and her buddies are always doing something fun and Emma imitates them for the rest of the night. She even uses the Chinese from the show. Tonight she was standing on one side of the room and she yelled, "EE, IR, SAN!" (one, two, three) then took off like a mad woman across the room. She did this over and over and over!

Earlier today I needed to stop by Babyr r us to grab a shower gift. As we pulled into the parking lot, some doo doo head cut us off and I hard to swerve. Emma yells from the backseat, "Careful, Mama!" ...backseat driver already!

She woke up this morning with extra stinky toddler breath... Daddy wondered if it had anything to do with the giant piece of fettuchini from last nights meal that was in her mouth the ENTIRE NIGHT. It must has been laying perfectly across the front of her gums like chewing tobacco as it didn't even have a nibble out of it.

Finally, Emma wouldn't go to bed last night without her balloon from Trader Joes. She knows when she gets the balloon she has to "hold on tight!" When I went in to check on her at 11pm before I went to bed, she was fast asleep - STILL clutching the string on the balloon! I grabbed daddy and we had a good laugh - at least she was paying attention to our instructions for once!

1 comment:

  1. Boy, that takes me back; I took Chinese lessons when I was a kid. EE, IR, SAN is about all I remember anymore. Except for Gung Hai Fat Choy (Gong Xai Fa Cai in the Manderin phonetic pronunciation). It's an especially difficult language to pick up - at least it was for me. I never got very far.

    Learning to do the brush calligraphy was kinda cool, though.

    ReplyDelete