I realized today how madly in love with Ben I am. I went to a baby shower for a friend this afternoon and took Ben along. Emma stayed home with Daddy and had a blast. Ben and Austin (a 9 month old little dude) were the only men allowed at the festivities. There were about 30 ladies there and Ben charmed each and every one of them. He has developed the most amazing personality. He is such a chill kid, laughs on cue, smiles often, and I swear - he blushes when he knows some gal is gushing over how handsome he is. And the best part, he only has eyes for me. Yes, my ego is talking, but as he was passed from girl to girl today I could see him seeking me out with his big blue eyes. When we made eye contact, his eyes would sparkle and he would grin the biggest toothless grin. I know how much he loves Daddy, too, but right now while he is still a baby, I know he 'knows' me more. When he gets older, he will discover Daddy and how much fun he is as he tossing Ben into the air and plays all the fun games Daddy's are know to play. But for now, I will enjoy being in the moment with my son, looking into those eyes, snuggling in, kissing the back of his neck, the recipient of the best kind of affection - 100% pure unconditional love.
In less sappy news, Emma did not disappoint in church this morning. The service is one hour long and she was quiet for about 2 minutes 37 seconds. At one point she announced to everyone that she had a poopy diaper, which Daddy promptly changed. When he returned, we tag teamed and I chased after her as she ran up the aisle, tripped on her long dress, and ended up flat on her face announcing, "Emma okay. Emma okay." - to which all who heard couldn't help but chuckle. I know I need to grow a thicker skin and that her noise is worse in my ears than the others are thinking, but I don't want to be the Mom with "that kid" and I fear I am becoming that person. We are so very lucky she is cute and people forgive that blonde haired blue eyed little girl so very easily.
everyone in church loves to see the kids there. They all love helping corral them and helping keep them quiet. It takes a church to raise a child.
ReplyDelete