Saturday, September 29, 2012

Library class

I signed Ben up for a Friday library class again. Its an hour long five week class for 3-5 year olds call playgroups or something and observing the differences in his play from last year to this year is fun.

The trains are still out for this group of kids and of course, that is where Ben spent the majority of his time. But this year he is sharing the tracks better, wandering off to do other things, then coming back to play with them. When the cleanup song came on, he protested for just a few seconds, then went about picking up all the toys with the other kids. Last year after cleanup, they did a circle time which Ben HATED and would scream and cry the whole time. We rarely stayed. This year when I mentioned they were going to do a circle time, he was excited and happily danced ring around the rosie with all the kids and their parents - his favorite part being "we all fall down" - whodathunkit?

Next came the singing. He actually sang all the songs he knew in full voice!

The storytime was not as good, he had a serious case of the wiggles, but the fact that we made it through the entire class is awesome and I easily forgave his choice to not sit still while the librarian read a book to the crowd. I do attribute his good behavior to him growing a year older, but I am sure his preschool experience is also helping.

Yay, Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment