Saturday, September 29, 2012

Aunt Miki ties the knot...

On Sept 9th my Daddy walked his youngest daughter, our dear Aunt Miki, down the aisle. It was a beautiful afternoon - clear skies and warm temps - and we had tons of fun.

As the wedding was in the afternoon, the kids spent the morning in the hotel pool / hot tub with Cousin Leah having a blast. When it came time to get ready, our darling flower girl would NOT sit still whatsoever, so I was unable to do any kind of fancy french braid in her hair which was the plan. So Plan B: the same dang style she has had for 4 years now - hair parted on the side and pulled back out of her eyes - surprise surprise.

She was more than happy to put on her dress though (surprise surprise) and really was quite a beauty. Behold: (click on pics to enlarge)
Gramma Lou, the Wedding Gals, Grandpa
Ben was not so quick to put on his "handsome" suit. As a matter of fact, knowing he was not going to be happy, I specifically put it on him an hour before the wedding hoping he would get all the fussing and hysterics and tears out of his system before the wedding started. It worked. About 15 minutes before it began, he finally succumbed to the fact that he was NOT going to win this battle and returned to his cheerful chitter chatterbug self. Phew!
Our handsome little man!
The ceremony was beautiful. Em did a great job disbursing her flower petals down the aisle. Daddy was the videographer of the event so I got the task of keeping Ben quiet. I failed. He squirmed and talked in his outside voice, so I snatched him up and we stood in the back. Thankfully it was an outdoor venue and his voice didn't travel to the important people in front. These ones:
They did it!!
The reception afterwards was a blast. We danced the night away and had a ton of fun. Cousin Leah was a huge help in entertaining a very bored Ben, so Daddy and I got to really put our party hats on and boogie woogie. Em joined in on the dancing - anything to show off her party dress!

I have no idea what time we went to bed. I think the kids finally crashed around ten. Daddy and I stayed up til about 1:30 hanging with the newlyweds. I haven't stayed up that late in a very long time and paid for it dearly the next day, but it was all worth it. This was me on the majority of the (horrible, if you recall) flight home. The pictures are compliments of Emma who was playing with my iphone and discovered the camera feature.
Our future Paparazzi.
Congrats again to Aunt Miki and Uncle Sean. We love you and know you will live a long blessed life together. Welcome to the Happily Married Couple club - it really is a cool place to be. Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment