We gave Em some fever reducer at 8:30pm. By 11:30 when we went to bed her fever had broke. She slept well all night only waking once wanting a drink of water. She had a bit of a fever this morning but assured me her throat did not hurt at all. I hummed and hawed, should I take her to the doc or ride it out? I finally decided to take her even though she was acting her usual spunky self. She has a pretty wet cough and a bit of a runny nose, but the pediatrician said her lungs sounded fine, her throat looked good - then came the ear check, "Ut, oh, found it." Double ear infection. Crazy, because she never ever even once complained her ears hurt! The doc didn't bother testing for strep because the amoxicillin will beat that down, too, if she does indeed have it.
When I questioned her on how to prevent ear infections she reminded me that they are more anatomical than anything else. Em has a cold and post nasal drip. It is not properly draining so she got an ear infection. It's the 2nd time this year - the 3rd in a rolling 12 months... If she has 4 or more in a year, then there is a concern and she may need tubes. Fingers crossed it does not get to that.
Lest I forget, super big huge thanks once again to Gramma Lou for coming to the island and hanging out with our kiddos so Daddy and I could attend a Leadership Academy in Phoenix. She survived school bus drop off and pick up, Em's first soccer practice, and two kid birthday parties! Go Gramma!
 |
| We love you, Gramma Lou!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment