At 3:45, the whole crew + our favorite neighbors hit up the bus stop to be her welcome home committee. It was supposed to drop her at 3:48. At 3:55 two buses coming from opposite directions stopped at our intersection, both with red lights flashing. (What's the chance of that?) Daddy and I split up, and I came up with the smiling 5 year old. (The other was flashing his lights so cars behind him would know a kid was in the street.)
She was definitely more excited to stay outside and play for a bit with our pals than to go inside and spill the beans on her day. We slowly got bits of information out of her. She definitely enjoyed it, ate her entire lunch (bread and all - go peer pressure!), and used the bathroom four times - something I was worried about because she likes to hold it too long and then leaks...
Her teacher then called me to tell me she was an absolute joy in the class, has impeccable manners, was extremely helpful and friendly with the new kids in the class, and she looks forward to being her teacher this year. I swear, as soon as I hung up the phone, Emma pretty much beat up Benny the rest of the night, sassed til she could sass no more, got put in time out 3 times, and had her privileges threatened to the very last ounce of my patience. ...at least she is good when she's not around me, right? Right? Anyone?
Daddy took the morning off so he could be at the bus stop and then hang out with me and Ben for a while. We smothered him with solo attention and he loved it. Ben and I hit up the library around 10:45 and ran into some new friends of ours that Ben will be going to preschool with. Ben was super cute, "Hi, I'm Ben! What's your name?" and later, "Hey, Sammy, can I give you a hug?" What can we say, the kid is a snuggle bug!
After the library we had lunch and then chilled out with some Timmytime. Then we built towers of blocks, played Zingo, trains, legos, and Toy Story Chutes and Ladders. I pretty much blew through my list of fun things to do and I still have 179 days of school left. HELP! I found myself looking at the clock a lot today - partly wondering how Em was doing and partly wondering how I am going to entertain Ben. I am looking forward to his preschool starting next week. It is only two days a week, 2 1/2 hour sessions, but we are sure to make new friends and get some play dates scheduled. That should help!!
![]() |
| Kindergarten, HERE I COME! |
![]() |
| Waiting for the bus, a family affair! |
![]() |
| She walked right on and didn't look back! |



No comments:
Post a Comment