Thursday, September 13, 2012

Breaking the Rules Already!

I know. I know. You totally think this post is going to be about Emma breaking the rules - haha - but alas, no, it's about ME!

Today was Ben's first day in class without me and again, it was a shortened 1 hour only class. It was also my first official kid-free for the first time in FIVE years morning and I was supposed to have spent it doing ME stuff. Nope. I dropped off Ben, ran to the Elementary School to grab the PTA mail and some forms I need for an upcoming PTA event (did I mention I am VP of the PTA? I have no idea how that happened and it is turning out to be a lot of work, but I have met some AWESOME parents and am excited to build new friendships in the school.). From there, I hit the recycling place (Our complex shamefully does not recycle so if I want to be environmental I must go out of my way to make it happen.), then to CVS to pick up an order of pictures I had printed up for Em's upcoming school project. By that time my hour had waned and there was no time for ME. (Unless you count the five minutes I had to kill outside the school catching up on FB...).

Next week begins the full 2 1/2 hours of preschool for Ben. I promise to be better about my ME-time rule...

Ben's teachers said he snacked well and drank from the school provided cup with no problems today - probably because I was not there to cry to! Good job, buddy. You are growing up! (Tonight before bed he wanted a splash of milk. I offered him a regular glass and he cried for his McQueen sippy cup. SIGH.)

The best part of the day was picking him up. The kids are supposed to sit at their tables until the parents walk through the door and over to them. As soon as Ben saw me, he stood up, raced over, threw his arms around me and happily screeched, "I played with trains, Mom! I wanna play with trains again at school tomorrow!"

Our little Conductor.

Just before dinner I needed to drop off a policy for work to a client in our village. I schmoozed Henry's Mommy into watching my kids for 25 minutes it took with promises of, wait, I just asked her and she said yes. How awesome is my neighbor?? I came home to the bottom picture. How fun is that craft?? Both kids were proud of their efforts, but not proud enough to want to hang onto them for 24 hours. Nope, they chowed them down right after I snapped the pic!
Is this a badass playground toy or what?
"I don't always eat Cheerios, but when I do I prefer them on a necklace."

1 comment:

  1. Christian and Ben - modern day Wright Brothers!! Much better names too than Wilbur and Orville!

    ReplyDelete