I used to put Benny to bed a good 30 minutes before Emma to ensure he is good and sleepin' before big sister comes in and wreaks havoc. Oddly enough, the past week, Emma has been announcing at about 7:00 pm-ish that she is "ready for bed." So we put her in bed, then I rock with Ben (something NEW and I am LOVING it) for about 5 minutes, put him in the crib, close the door, then listen to the two of them chatter away for a good 30-45 minutes until they pass out. Sometimes Emma comes out asking for a drink or this or that, but often we can just hear her entertaining Ben with songs and jibberjabber as they wind down.
Have I mentioned how much we love our kids?
You have good kids! YOu are smart to follow your mommy instincts with Ben and the talking. I would even wait until 2. Porter didn't say much, but my pediatrician said as long as he can comprehend what you are saying and can follow commands then he is fine.
ReplyDeleteWish we could come by and play with you guys.