It was a beautiful day here yesterday so I spent a bit of time out on our giant balcony cleaning up the leaves and the kid's cottage. Emma was "helping" me and at one point I saw the coolest looking caterpillar crawling across the roof of the cottage. It was extremely skinny but long hair sticking out of it and I called Emma over to marvel at it with me. She blew on it to make it inch forward and said, "That caterpillar has crazy hair like Gramma Lou." (Huh? I asked.) She rethought her sentence and replied, "No, that caterpillar has crazy hair like Gramma Lou's house." (Huh? I asked again.) To which she finally spit out in a beautiful 3 year old complex sentence, "That caterpillar has crazy hair like the caterpillar at Gramma Lou's house."
As poor Benji has caught "The Stomach Virus of 2010" he has been poohing up a storm and has his patented red raw privates. Every time the poor kid goes now, instead of changing him on the changing table with wipies, I simply toss him in the tub and hose him down and soap him up. He actually gets properly cleaned and doesn't scream bloody murder in pain. And, he smells much nicer... But that has meant that Ben has had 7 showers in the past 24 hours including one at 11pm and another at 3am this morning = sleepy parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment