Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mending

Emma's aches on Monday after school = strep throat again. Because she just did a course of amoxicillian over Thanksgiving she had to use a different drug, Cedifir (or something like). Or what should really be called Liquid Goldifir because it cost $50 vs $8!! And that was for the generic. Forgive my language here, but that was one of the first times I said "Holy Shit!" out loud in a public place in about 6 1/2 years...

Ben is absolutely on the mend. He slept great last night and could have easily gone to school today as he has been fever free for more than 24 hours EXCEPT I am now down for the count with a gnarly chest cold and I did not have the energy to drive him. So, it is 2pm and we are still in our pjs - actually Em and I are still in our clothes from yesterday - yep, it is that bad...

We were supposed to have our meeting with special services at the school this morning for Ben but the school had a 2 hour delay due to ice and we obviously weren't in the best shape for it, so we rescheduled for Jan 9th.

Em seems to be bouncing back pretty quick as well. At least the liquid gold is working. She was disappointed that she missed her holiday party in the classroom - they were going to make gingerbread houses. So we made some with basic ingredients we grabbed at Walmart while waiting for the liquid gold to be mined at the pharmacy. Both kids chose to use chocolate frosting vs vanilla so our houses are very unique...
Taken yesterday, not to be confused with today even though I am wearing the same clothes...

Part two, taken today - yep, still in jammies.
  
Our village is growing...

No comments:

Post a Comment