Friday, December 6, 2013

Em's parent teacher conference

Daddy and I enjoyed Emma's parent teacher conference today. I have a new found appreciation for her teacher after our 15 private minutes together.

Let me explain: Last year, Em's K teacher Mrs Shannon was PERFECTION. She set the bar VERY high. Long story short, the half dozen or so encounters I have had with her current teacher (who Emma LOVES, by the way) have left us less than impressed. (Again, I reiterate, that dang Mrs. Shannon has probably skewed our perspective of what a teacher should be for life!!! She really is that good...)

Today her 1st grade teacher was everything we think a teacher should be. She looked us in the eyes (never did that before), was confident in her explanations of Emma's achievements so far, engaged our questions with enthusiasm, etc etc. Today she moved up a few notches on my scale of who I "want" my kid spending six hours a day with.

As for Emsadoodle, the report is similar to all the evaluations we have heard in her short school history thus far. She is very bright, very social, very nurturing. She is well like among her peers. She is engaged in learning and excels academically. She gets high 5s all around.

Her only challenge - as it was last year - is taking "pride" in her work. She simply rushes to get things done so she can move on to the next thing. That ultimately means her penmanship can be improved upon - surely she gets that from her father as my handwriting is the bees knees...

We left the conference as we always do when it comes to Emma with a smile on our face. As "challenging" as she can be in the home, the kiddo is a super stud in the real world, and ultimately, what more can we ask for. WE LOVE YOU, EMMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment