So apparently I jumped the gun the other day when I said we were mending - either that or Murphy's Law paid us a visit.
We woke up 'normal' to a busy Friday ahead. I had 133 people to feed for the PTA Holiday Staff Appreciation luncheon from 11-2:00. I was feeling under the weather but forged ahead. Emma went to school, Ben came with me to the luncheon. I wasn't sure whether I was going to send him to his afternoon preK or not, he looked fine all morning but still had a juicy cough - I honestly didn't want to be the cause of him infecting some other kid for the holidays just because it would make my afternoon clean up of the luncheon a little bit easier. He ended up staying with me the whole time and was an absolute stud even though he wasn't feeling 100%.
By 1:00 I could feel myself losing energy fast. I was hot then cold then hot then cold all the while faking a smile on my face for the staff and other volunteers. By cleanup at 2:00 I was getting that feeling I was going to faint and my skin was wicked sensitive to the touch. I held on, got the minivan loaded up and came straight home and crashed on my bed by 3:00. Ben knows hows to turn on and manipulate the Wii, so I gave him free reign as I collapsed. I didn't get up except to pee and rehydrate until 7:30 the next morning!
Here is the funny thing, Emma came home from school and by 5:00 without any dinner, crawled into bed with me where she stayed until 7:30am right next to me. Ben, the one I was worried about, played the Wii and hung out with Dad all happy until his normal bed time.
This was one crazy flu. Do I regret my decision not to get everyone the flu shot? Not one bit.
Am I glad the worst of it is behind us? You're dang right!
My mentor always reminds me, "In every adversity lies the seed of a benefit - but only if you look for it." The bright side of this flu? I got to snuggle with Em for 14 hours - I forgot what a good spooner she is, warm and toasty, too, that kid.
Benefit #2? I finally invested in one of those fancy ear thermometer's that many hospitals use. Boop! And you have an instant reading. Em was the only one high tonight at 99.6. No complaints knowing that we were all rocking the 102+ earlier...
Two weeks of vacation started today!
No comments:
Post a Comment