Saturday, April 24, 2010

Twiblings asleep

Today reminded me once again how exhausting baby bunching can be (baby bunching = having 2 kids within 2 years of each other or siblings that could be twins, or twiblings). Tired, tired, tired.

It was a beautiful spring day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and both of our kiddos had energy like I've never witnessed. And, it was about 50/50 on the positive vs negative energy...

Case in point, Emma was struggling to get out her her booster chair after only eating 2 bites of her breakfast. I firmly put her back in her chair and sternly reminded her that she asked for eggs and toast and that she had better eat them. More struggles ensued, capped off with her screaming, "Mommy, NO! I don't want to fight you." She used it again later in the afternoon, but changed it up a bit while struggling over sharing legos with Ben, "Mommy, NO! You're not fightin' me!"

When I asked her what she wanted for lunch, she relied, "Toefood." I said, "What? Tofu?" She said, "Yes, Mommy, toefood."

Dinner time was a full moon nightmare - I don't even know if it is a full moon! But when Emma fake whines, it drives Benny crazy and he cries for real and won't eat. He grabs at his ears as if to say, "Mom, please SHUT HER UP!" Emma, who normally loves steamed green beans, was in an "I don't like green beans" mood and fussed and whined until the 2nd course came. Both Daddy and I utilized every ounce of discipline we had to not toss her in a padded room with no doors and no windows...

She calmed down after her shower and was relaxing on the bed with Daddy. They were chatting away and Daddy was rubbing her back. When he stopped, Emma said, "Pet me one more time, Daddy."

Oddly enough, they both went to bed without a fuss. I will never understand toddlers but I will try to have fun knowing these years go by so quickly...

1 comment:

  1. We were at the park last night and it was a full moon! That Emma. She's always so sweet when I see her.

    ReplyDelete