Wednesday, April 21, 2010

$35 for a copy of their charts??? EACH???

Boogles had his 15 month well visit today. He did fine with the pediatrician until he started poking Benny in the ears and mouth. Then all hell broke lose - the shots were especially painful, he is so strong it is difficult to hold him still! He came home and slept for almost 3 hours, poor thing, but awoke charming and chipper so I guess he will survive the trauma.

Funny thing is, Ben weighs 26 pounds - just a 1/2 pound more than he did 3 months ago. At first I was worried there was something wrong, but then I realized the kid eats and eats (healthy good food) then plays and runs it all off, shedding the baby pounds, too. He measured in at 33 inches, but I gotta tell you, measuring of the wiggly toddler is one inexact science!

We have a new obsession is the hzzizzy: DUMBO. We borrowed it from the library (AGAIN), and she wanted to watch it over and over in the 48 hour period we are allowed to keep it. It was an absolute struggle to get her to go out to do even her favorite things - squirrel park, new house slides, you name it! I am going to NEED a keeper copy for the upcoming airplane ride...

Speaking of which, 2 weeks and counting til we leave for the Disney Cruise... I have been an absolute slacker in remembering to use it as a disciplining tool. Seriously, it is all powerful, "You want to go on the big ship with the Princesses? You better ___." But no, Mom doesn't remember to utilize it at all.

I held a 5 day old baby this morning. She was absolutely teeny tiny and adorable and I did not have one pang whatsoever of wanting to have another of my own. I've said it before that I am done at two, and today solidified it in my heart. I am so very very blessed with my perfect (and challenging) children. When they get a bit older and our business is super rockin', we will adopt more and more. But for now, I am content and complete. Thank you, little Lauren, for giving me that and welcome to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment