We - as in the WHOLE family - were up and out the door by 5:30 am this morning because Daddy needed to catch the 6am flyaway bus to LAX for his biztrip to Atlanta. Surprisingly, Emma was quite chipper for the wee hour. She was jibber jabbering the entire ride about this and that - mostly simplistic toddler yammer, "Okay, Mama, that's a green light, you can go. Green means go but you gotta stop at the red light." In her early bird delirium, she would repeat herself over and over but, heck, as long as she wasn't fussing and whining like usual, we weren't going to complain!
Benny was his usual sweet self - so sweet that by 9am he was ready for nap #1 which lasted a good 90 minutes, and then nap #2 at 2pm which Emma cut short at 2 and a half hours because she wanted to go to the new house slides and play.
But, did Emma nap today? NOPE. I really thought she was going to crash after lunch - she had super tired eyes, but that kid found her second, third, and fourth winds throughout the day and finally succumbed at 6:50 to the sleepies after hardly eating any dinner and fighting me the entire bath time.
It is currently 7:10pm - and I assure you, I will be in bed by 8pm!
We sold our couches and bass and guitar amps in the past 24 hours. Our living room looks SO BIG now. I booked the car transport to get the Mazda to PA to my sister's house, and now I just have to officially book the movers. I can't believe we will be out of here in less than 4 weeks! We are headed to NY for a quickie visit next week to hopefully secure housing, then off for a mini cruise with Abuelita and Grandpop and the princesses. We are back with just 14 days to pack up and be gone.
As I look around, I have to remind myself that if I don't LOVE it, it is not coming 3500 miles with me. I love my dining room table. I love my Chinese Antique Armour. I don't love my TV but my husband does... Do I really have to bring it?
Baby Dahvi is going to score with toys when he moves in - it will be like Christmas morning all over again for the 8 month old. I am so happy a friend is taking over the space and that I can leave the good stuff my kids have outgrown for her instead of schlepping it to Goodwill (they already have 5 car loads of the mediocre stuff).
But enough about the future - this is supposed to be a journal about what has already happened. Too bad I am so tired I can barely remember the day... Good night! xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment