Monday, April 5, 2010

...hopping down the bunny trail.

Easter morning was nothing short of ridickakdack around our little popsicle stand.

Peter Cottontale woke up extra early to get the baskets prepped. Benny woke soon after, drank a bottle and played the morning away not even noticing the baskets on the coffee table.



When I heard Emma stirring in her bed, I made the mistake of saying, "Emma, come here, quick! The Easter Bunny was here. He left you a present!!" Well, as you recall, sweet 'lil Emmsadoo is deathly afraid of the Easter Bunny and upon hearing he had been in her home - her sanctuary - her safe haven - she burst into tears screaming, "NOOOO! NO EASTER BUNNY HERE. HE NO LEAVE PRESENTS!" I quickly changed my tune and said, "Okay, no Easter Bunny here. I forgot, it was Gramma who got you the present." That calmed her slightly, but it took her a good 15 minutes to come into the living room.

Ben, on the other hand, was so excited about finally discovering the basket, that he was too excited to go near it. Witness:



Once Emma actually made her way into the living room she refused to touch the basket, that is until Benny started fishing around in hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment