There are moments where parenting hurts. Yesterday after I picked the kids up from "Auntie Audrey" after my VO gig, instead of taking the stairs as usual to get to the car, I thought I would make it easier on myself and take the elevator that one flight. Bad idea. When we got off the elevator Emma bee-lined towards the doors at full throttle. The lobby doors were propped open as some workers were coming in and out of the building, but Emma didn't bee line toward the open doors, she bee lined - again, full throttle - into the clear as crystal floor to ceiling window next to the open doors. I was keeping pace with her and at the last second as I saw what was about to go down, I thought, "She is going to veer left and go out the door, right? She realizes that is a window right?" KERTHUNK! Nope. Face first full speed knocking her flat on her back screaming bloody murder. I dumped Benny on the lobby sofa with our bag of stuff, scooped her up praying there wasn't blood streaming down her face from a broken nose. There wasn't. But she was already developing a GIANT goose egg on her forehead and I thanked my lucky stars that her head was tilted down enough as she ran that her forehead took the brunt of the WHAM. I think it hurt me almost as much as it hurt her just to see it. "Owie." I got her and Benny into the car and gave her a magical Costco mozzarella stick, which in case you didn't know is the cure for all things "owie" and we were on our way. Phew.
He points! Benny's newest skill is pointing. He hasn't quite gotten the ball your fingers up all the way except for the pointing finger down pat yet so he kind of looks like E.T. when he is pointing - but he is pointing! He is now also objecting when Big Sister steals a toy from him. It is not long before he realizes he can do the same back to her and the wars begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment