Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Evil twin

I've noticed that when I give Emma her toothbrush with the toddler toothpaste, she just kind of chews on it and eats the toothpaste - not necessarily doing a very good job at brushing her teeth. Today she saw me brushing my teeth and wanted to brush hers, too. "My teeth are yellow, Mama. I gotta make 'em white." When I grabbed the toddler toothpaste, she freaked out and asked for my aqua fresh. I figured a small dollop wouldn't hurt too much, gave her some and told her to have at it. She tasted it and said, "Ooh, this toothpaste spicy, Mommy!" and actually brushed her teeth properly without fuss. When I gave her the water to rinse and spit, she rinsed and swallowed - but she hasn't complained of a belly ache all day and her breath actually smells lovely for once!

It was supposed to rain all day today - the clouds have come in and threatened a few times but no actual drops yet (it is now 3:45pm). So we wanted to get to the park early and get all the wiggles out before being contained in the condo all afternoon. We hit up the "squirrel" park and as we were pulling in Emma announced, "We are gonna go play with Porter and Lawrence and Baby Russell and Sara and chase the squirrels." I explained to her that sometimes we come to the park and make new friends and that her old friends wouldn't be there because we hadn't arranged a playdate. She didn't like that very much but decided finally that it was okay. Of course, 10 minutes into our play, guess who shows up and makes me a big giant liar? Yep! So we happily all played for the next hour or so before the big trip to Costco (my excitement for the day). And just to show you how hard we played, here is a pick of Ben at Costco. He was like this the entire time we were there:



I was going to write this whole post about the hours from 4pm to 7pm yesterday, but Mom always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Let's just say Emzilla was visiting - it was truly the worst visit ever - and hopefully she doesn't come back for a long time. I will chalk it up to the full moon and forget it ever happened. Sweet Emma is back today and I kind of prefer her over her evil twin.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Ben stayed asleep like that--it's awesome. I've always let my kids brush with regular toothpaste. They just use a little and there's never been any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bren, you crack me up! I still prefer fenced-in playgrounds to the wide-open ones...it at least delays them for a few seconds before they escape!

    ReplyDelete