The "Ducky Park" (Lake Balboa) is getting more and more challenging. Ben loves to explore and I can handle both kids until he catches sight of that darned lake and all the duckies and wants to go check it out. The kid is fast and I give him his space trying to foster independence, but today I was chastised by three little old Asian ladies for letting him be "too far" ahead of me on his trek to the lake! They were yelling at me, "Be careful!" And I was like, ladies, relax, I am a lettered athlete. Sure, that was 20 years ago, but I like to think I got a little something left in me. Also, my blood pressure always rises just a bit as he is going down the hill as if I am waiting for him to bite it.
Yesterday we enjoyed the morning at the "Squirrel Park" - dubbed so by Emma after her squirrel chasing adventure with Porter and Lawrence. We played in the sand for a good chunk of time, then headed out to "chase" the squirrels when a little girl with a very unattentive mother was taking our sand toys right out of my kids hands all bratty like and I felt if I didn't move along I might have had to "discipline" a kid I didn't know. Anyway, the squirrels were MIA - we only saw one and he was high up in a tree cleaning himself. Emma kept wandering around saying, "Oh, squirrels! Come out come out wherever you are!"
On the ride home, it was a beautiful day so I had the windows all the way down. Emma yelled at me from the back seat, "Mommy, It's a GIANT windy. Can you put up the windows and make it just a little windy?"
No comments:
Post a Comment