Travel Town was fun - and FREE - Emma especially enjoyed jumping off some benches onto blue gym mats and rolling around. I think it may be time to get her into a gymnastics class or something like that. Someone told me about this place called Bright Child out by Daddy's office. Maybe we will go there and check it out.
We enjoyed a train ride around the park, too. Emma kept saying, "Choo choo!" and pumping her fist in the air like she was pulling the horn.
As I was getting dressed to go to the park Emma wandered in and saw me putting on my bra. She inquired, "Are you getting your boobies dressed, Mom?"
Ben has moved into a new stage of development. Instead of just being the godzilla crusher of all things built (blocks or legos), he is actually trying to start doing the building. As he is still pretty clumsy he doesn't get far, but it is fun to see him developing this skill.
It was also fun to see him gnawing on Apollo's leg yesterday as if it were an ear of corn. Dumb dog just let him do it, too. Yikes!
Friday afternoon as I was putting Benny down for his nap I was rocking him and snuggling him tight. We had some awesome eye contact going and I said, "I love you." He immediately replied, "ahou." Which I absolutely took to meant, "I love you!" Kid knows how to melt a Mama's heart!
Yesterday morning was our buddies Emry's first birthday. The kids had a blast running like crazies and eating cupcakes. At one point all the kids were lined up to beat up the pinata but Emma didn't want to do it and was just sitting quietly in her chair eating a cupcake. As the line was wearing down I was encouraging her to get up and go over but she was insistent on staying put. I picked her up and put her on my lap and she said, "Mama, can you clean up the chair?" She had peed her pants and was embarrassed - that is why she didn't want to get up! I wiped up the chair and the puddle underneath (ugh!), got her changed and my lap wiped up as best I could (joy!) and then she was tearing all around with the kids again like nothing ever happened. She is developing that sense of "shame" when she has an accident in public and she knows she did something wrong and wanted me to right it - i.e. "Can you clean up the chair?" I just wish that sense of shame worked in our home - when she has an accident at home, she is all non-chalant with her attitude of, "Just get me some new pants, Mommy." Argh.
Here is my favorite pic of the birthday party:
At least he was going for the healthy stuff - not sticking his fingers in the cupcakes like all the other kids!
I didn't see it, but I was told Emma and Evie had a hearty slap fight in the midst of present unwrapping. You'd never know it with this pic:
Finally, Auntie Cold was over yesterday afternoon for a visit and she was playing with Emma on the floor. Emma's back was to the tv and 101 Dalmations was on in the background. At one point Emma said, "Oh, no, Cruella De Vil, Auntie Cold!" She wasn't even watching the show, just heard the tires screeching. The kid knows not only every line of the flick but the sound effects, as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment