Bugs. Emzilla is now obsessed with bugs.
Yesterday she had a fit at the dinner table and wouldn't drink her milk. "No, Mommy, I don't like my milk. I can't drink it. It's got bugs on it." No lie, those were her exact words.
I think it all stemmed from our ride from the park to Trader Joe's yesterday before lunch. There was a bee in the car and I kept opening and closing various windows (while driving) trying to suck it out. The whole time Emma had her arms over her eyes as if she were watching a horror movie and didn't want to see the next kill. When I got the car parked and got the kids out, I couldn't find the bee so I assumed it had flown out. After grabbing our groceries and loading back into the car, Emma was pulling the whole arms over face routine again, so I figured Mr. Bee must still be in the car. I scoured the space and found him crawling across the back window, grabbed a tissue and snatched him up thereby saving my children's lives. Supermama to the rescue. No, I don't think my children are allergic to bees - but you never know until they get that first sting.
Then in the afternoon we were playing at the compound playground and Emma and another little girl were on a bug hunt. They were screeching like wild women when they found bugs crawling across the various benches and trees - more so I think out of the sheer pleasure of having a friend who liked to screech as much as she does, than for fear of the bugs.
Speaking of playgrounds, Ben HATES the swings. I put him in and within seconds he is fussing away. What kind of kid doesn't like to swing? Doesn't he realize that the swing is a "safe" zone for Mommy to let her guard down slightly and take a break?
Have I mentioned that when Emma is bored and wants to go outside and play she says, "Mommy, we need some fresh air." She was telling a few of the kids at the playground this about this "fresh air" business but they weren't getting it. I was waiting for her to say something like, "No, seriously, people, it works every time. It makes the old lady feel guilty because she has kept you cooped up on a sunshiny day and you get to come play on the playground instead of being all bored and stuff in your house..."
No comments:
Post a Comment