Monday, March 15, 2010

Graduation from Clown Academy


I bit the bullet today and bought poor Benny a new pair of shoes. You know what that means. Surely the missing shoe will turn up in the next 24 hours. I saved the receipt and the string that held them together and the tag so I can return them if it does. Wow. I just reread that sentence. I really am a cheapo!

As it is a beautiful day and I haven't exercised much other than chasing toddlers around, I decided to walk to the supermarket to get some fruits and vegies. We strollered up and headed down Ediwanda, through the tunnel under the 101, around the hospital and to Vons. It only took about 15 minutes each way. Emma is really digging the Joovy Caboose stroller these days. It took her a while to grow into how to enjoy riding on the back, but now she loves it - and so do I. It makes my strollings so much easier when she is not fighting me or lollygagging behind us.

We especially enjoyed our trip to the Topanga mall this morning. Again, beautiful day = kids playing outside at the park. Not this Mom and kids! We needed to go to Target so I chose the mall one. The play area was EMPTY and Emma and Benny went crazy and I got to relax just a bit knowing they weren't getting run over by bigger kids. I even sprung $3 for the carousal. See, I am not that cheap! Emma loved it. I held Ben in my arms and he squirmed and squealed most of the ride. He either wanted to ride a horsey or get off - I wasn't sure, but it didn't seem as though he liked it much just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment