Today we went to Toys r Us to cash in the last of her birthday gift cards. It was kind of late 5:45pm and still very hot, 98˚. Emma was a bit cranky - that seems to be when the word of the week comes out. Actual conversation:
"Come on, bugs, we gotta get in the cart."
"Nooooooo! Emma no like it!"
"Emma-doo. We have to get in the cart so we can go into the toystore." (Huge struggle ensues, I enlist Gramma Lou and her superpowers to hold the dasterdly wiggling toddler in place so I can latch the safety harness around her.)
"Okay, let's go in the toystore!"
"No, toystore dangerous!"
"You're damn right it's dangerous, dangerous for Mommy's wallet. Now shush and let's go inside."
We got her a Tinkerbell toddler card table and folding chairs. We had been looking for something miniature like that that folds up so I can store it at my will and this was perfect. She used it for dinner tonight out on the deck. I was worried that she would be on the move as she isn't strapped into a chair, but I think she enjoyed using the table as she stayed there and ate her whole dinner - turkey burger hidden in marinara sauce and a spinach salad. Yes, she ate raw spinach!! I showed her how to dip it in the magical ranch dipping sauce and she totally dug it. Phew!
Ben got his paws on some of Emzilla's toys while she was napping. As you can see from the short cell phone video, he is following in my rock star footsteps:
No comments:
Post a Comment