We had quite a busy weekend and I haven't been feeling well so I apologize for not writing and keeping you all on the edge of your seats for four days wondering what is happening here in our little cottage.
Well, yesterday during church while we were singing a hymn, Emma decided she was going to try giving the song a try. But instead of singing along with us she was belting at the top of her lungs, "Oh, my worman, Oh my worman!" over and over (The Backyardigans version of "Oh my darling, Clemantine.") Daddy and I once again were trying so hard not to laugh that we had tears streaming down our face. All the other parents of young children were also cracking up, but we are not quite so sure how the rest of the congregation felt!
Afterwards, we went to a BBQ at our old friend's house. They have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and she spent the day playing big sister to Emma and Ben. It was so funny! They had a giant kiddie pool in their backyard that Emma got a lot of joy out of and Ben, not wanting to miss a thing didn't take a nap the entire afternoon. By the end of the evening we were all pretty tired and in bed by 8:30. I would have enjoyed the early sleep more if I didn't wake up two hours later puking my guts out. I don't think it was anything I ate at the bbq, but a sandwich I had in Anaheim from a Vietnamese market on Saturday. It was soooooo delicious, but after I ate it my belly wasn't feeling too good. I think it just sat there not wanting to be digested until last night when it needed to get some fresh air. Ugh!
I am wiped out today... but need to get to the supermarket. FUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment